Friday, February 12, 2010

A Few Quick Updates

Last Friday Night we went to the design lady that does flower-less centerpieces. She had some good ideas at a very reasonable price. So we have to think about it.


Saturday Morning we went to our florist appointment to discover that she forgot all about our appointment. So it was a sloppy appointment on her end since she was not ready. All in all, she was nice and had great ideas, but I think she is going to be way too expensive.
So we totally need to keep looking for another florist ASAP!


Saturday Afternoon we went to our cake tasting. And it went awesome! We booked him.

I showed him the design of my butter cream version of my fondant cake that I designed…We were pretty much able to stick with the butter cream version of my dream wedding cake. I am actually really excited about it. I think it is going to look really awesome! :)

At first Jon and I decided we were going to get every tier in chocolate. But then the baker asked us, “what about people who don’t like chocolate?” (Which actually includes my dad and my sister.) So then we decided that the top tier that we take home with us is chocolate. And the biggest bottom tier is going to be chocolate with peanut butter mousse! I am very excited for that! And then one of the other bottom tiers will be a marble cake…And then the other tier is going to be a yellow cake. We tasted all of the cake flavors on Saturday, and they all rock!

We also tasted three different butter creams. One was vanilla, one was more yellowy, and the last was chocolate.

The chocolate butter cream was soooo damn good! I was very tempted to order a full chocolate cake with chocolate ganache in between the layers and chocolate butter cream on the outside. But we did not do that.

All of the butter creams were yummy and not too sweet. He said they can adjust the sweetness level or add flavorings to the creams. But we decided to leave them as is. And we chose the white butter cream for the outside of the cake for the simple reason that my final design called for the cake to be mostly white. So that’s that.

I can’t wait until my wedding day to see my design brought to life in my actual wedding cake!! :)


Tomorrow afternoon is our Invitations appointment. So hopefully that goes well.


Oh and last Sunday I finally ordered our Save-The-Dates that a friend of mine designed for us. So hopefully those magnets will be coming in soon!

And those are all of the updates for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment