Friday, February 5, 2010

All that I have left to book is a cake baker and a florist. I have had the worst luck trying to book either one!

On January 23'rd we had an appointment with our first cake baker...But I got the stomach bug and we had to cancel. We told them we would reschedule...But we just haven't yet.

Then on January 25th we had an appointment with a second cake baker...We showed up there and they told us that the lady had to go to the hospital...They thought she might be in labor but they weren't sure...They said she'd call me back. Well I haven't heard back from her, nor have I tried calling.


On January 30th we had an appointment with our first florist. When she told me her address, she left out the town...So I assumed it was in one town and she assumed I knew it was in a different town much further away. So I spent a good long time driving up and down the street in the town I thought it was in...Until I finally called her and we realized the mix-up. So we canceled that appointment. And I haven't decided if we are going to reschedule it or not.


Tonight we have a centerpiece appointment for flower-less centerpieces. So we will see how that goes. I saw their booth a bridal show I was at on Sunday. They made really awesome centerpieces without flowers. And used like colored waters and lights and dried ice and stuff. I was hoping it would be original...But if I still use the centerpieces I bought a while ago, then hopefully they can still look classy and elegant. Unless these people have totally different bases they recommend for centerpieces...And then I just have to return all the ones I already bought. So we'll see.
Maybe we'll get there and see their samples and realize that none of them really work for a classy wedding. I don't know.
I am also hoping that they end up being cheaper than having flowers in the vases. And again, unique can be good.
So I figured it can't hurt to look.


Then tomorrow morning we have an appointment with a second florist...But technically our first appointment since it didn't work out with the other one.

And tomorrow afternoon we have an appointment with a third cake baker...But technically our first appointment since it didn't work out with the first two.

If we end up liking the flowerless centerpieces....Then we only need a florist for bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres...As opposed to centerpieces too. Oh wait, do we need flowers for the church ceremony? I don't know...We'll see.

So that's all that has been going on lately.

So we'll see how all of these appointments go.



Oh! And some exciting news...Jon and I totally decided on our honeymoon location!!
Get this...We are going to HAWAII! :)
I am sooooo excited! Because Hawaii has been my dream honeymoon location since I was a little girl! Eeeekkkk! :)
What sucks is how very expensive Hawaii is though. :(
I am having a hard time booking it because I keep trying to find the best deals on airfare and hotels. And I don't know if we should spend the entire trip in one hotel on one island, and constantly fly around for day trips to the other islands...Or if in addition to island-hopping, we need to do hotel-hopping too...

I might need to involve a travel agent for assistance.


On an other note...
My Mother said that "32 years ago when she got married" that the brides never knew anything about their Bridal Shower. They didn't even know when it would be...That their bridesmaids just picked them up one day as a surprise and drove them to the surprise location.

That is not how I am going to do things.

I love how my friend Nina had a Las Vegas themed Bridal Shower...Since her and her husband went to Vegas for their honeymoon.

Soooooo, I want a Hawaii themed Bridal Shower!
I am actually quite excited about the idea.

I will go buy some cute flowery dress to wear to the shower...And I will get my hair done in the low side bun style I wanted if I was having a beach wedding. And I will put a cute pink flower in my hair...Again, how I wanted my hair for my beach wedding...But since I am not having a beach wedding, and I am probably not wearing my hair remotely close to this style or even putting a flower in it...Now I get the best of both worlds!



And maybe everyone can get pretty leis to wear during the shower!
Original, I know. LOL



OK back to reality. Work for 5 more hours and then our centerpiece appointment! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment