Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hair Drama

I am seriously having the HARDEST time trying to decide on how I want to wear my hair for my wedding!!
I have my hair trial on July 31st...Only 9 days away!! And I seriously keep changing my mind on what I want to do.

For a little while I had myself convinced that it would be for the best to just go with a full-on up-do. But now I'm really back to wanting the half-do that I've wanted all along.

My hair dresser thinks that will look bad with my halter dress...But everyone else seems to think I should wear my hair however the hell I want to...Since, after all, it is my wedding.

However, I can't help but wonder if I should listen to my hairdresser's advice...Since she is a professional who has done a million wedding up-dos...Including brides in halters.

Ugh. I just don't know what to do.

I can see ups and downs (no pun intended!)...pros & cons of both styles.

And I just can't decide what I want to do! :(


As of right this second, I am still leaning towards having some hair up and some hair down.
I figured I will go for my trial and then run home and put my gown on so I can see how it looks all together...And if I love it, then yay...And if I hate it, I'll schedule a second trial.
I think that is probably the only way to settle it.


I went for my first wedding gown fitting on Monday, July 19th. The seamstress said she would have it done for me on Monday August 2'nd. But I wanted to be able to put the dress on with my hair done up on the 31st...So I asked her if I could come over to put it on quickly after my hair appointment. And she said she doesn't work on Saturdays...So she will have it ready for me to take home on Friday July 30th...So I will have it at home to try on after my hair trial on the 31st. YAY!



Grrrr...Google Image Search is just NOT helping me today!! :'(




I guess maybe something kinda like this...But prettier. Hahaha

Maybe something like this...It looks mostly up, but still has enough long hanging curls to show off my length.




This one can really either work for myself or for my bridesmaids...

Which brings me to another question...Since my vote for having my bridesmaids have full up french twists was shot down, is it OK for them to have half dos if I do too?

Like without thinking about my hair and their hair at the same time, I wanted them to have elegant French Twists and I have my hair all down or half up and half down...
Then when one bridesmaid suggested that full up hair with their strapless gowns wouldn't look good, and I figured they would get half-up, half-down...That's at the same time I had been convincing myself that I would have a full up-do. SO...how would it look if we ALL have half-up, half-down dos?

Granted, I want them to have half up french twists...And I would have some kind of half up curly thing...But from the front they would probably all look the same...And I have no idea if that's OK or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment