Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Something Old, Something New...

I think I finally have each piece of the rhyme! :)

Something Old: My deceased grandmother's engagement ring. I will wear it on my right hand

Something New: My dress, my tiara, my shoes, my veils, etc.

Something Borrowed: One of my Bridesmaid's has a shoe clip that says "Bride" in blue...She wore it last year in her wedding for her Something Blue. I will wear it as my Something Borrowed. But I guess it could always double as my Something Blue

Something Blue: I just bought these from Victoria's Secret:

Also, the lady who made my garter said she put a blue stitch in it for a Something Blue.

And a Sixpence in her shoe: This is the least popular part of the rhyme. I'm not normally superstitious, but I decided I should finish out the tradition. So I bought myself a sixpence for my shoe.


I think that is all taken care of. I just need to get ring guard for my grandma's ring. And then I guess that is something else to cross of my To-Do list. :)

1 comment:

  1. Funny...I shared my 'somethings' today on my own blog :)

    I think these are great. I love the idea of your grandmother's ring...those are the most special things to hold near and dear on occassions like weddings :)

    ReplyDelete