Tuesday, December 1, 2009

UPDATES! UPDATES!! UPDATES!!!

Boy do I have a lot to update about!!

I do not have time to write about everything right now...So I will make a list now to remind me what posts I need to write about later.


1) I got my Wedding Dress, my Bridesmaid Dresses, my Mother's Dress and Jon's Mother's Dress! Surprisingly, none of them are by Alfred Angelo...And surprisingly I am totally fine with that.

My Mom surprised me by purchasing my dress for me. She also got me a nice new tiara, and a double veil with sparkles and pearls just like on my dress.

I have yet to pick out jewelry and shoes.



2) I finally decided on and started buying my centerpieces…Very exciting!

However, I have not decided on favors yet. Or about the photo booth. Or a charity.

Or a dessert table. Or a candy buffet. Or an ice cream buffet.

And speaking of desserts, we haven’t gone to talk to the baker I think I picked out…Or gone for cake tastings yet…To make sure that the cake I designed will also taste delicious!

Come to think of it, we haven’t even gone for tastings for what we will want for dinner at our reception. I wonder when we are supposed to tell the lady what we decided on…


3) I spent my first Thanksgiving without my family...But I also spent my first Thanksgiving with my Future In-Laws! And Jon's Mom took us to pretty backdrops around her town for a set of our Engagement Photos! :) She took us down by a lake and the court house that has really nice scenery.

It is a good thing we took advantage of the sunshine in the afternoon on Thanksgiving, because it was all crappy and rainy out later on in the day as well as for the rest of the days.


4) We asked Jon's Aunt and Uncle if his cousin could be our Ring Bearer...So we have that all set.
And the search for a Flower Girl is finally over...As we asked one of his Groomsmen and his wife if their daughter could be our Flower Girl.
So by the time of our Wedding in 8 1/2 months...Our Ring Bearer will be about 4 1/2 years old and our Flower Girl will be about 2 1/2 years old.
Should be cute.


5) My hair dilemma. My dress is a halter…Which is a style I hadn’t originally planned on…And it changes the whole idea of how I will want my hair done. I have been growing my hair since before I was engaged, so I can have long curls…But the halter has gorgeous beads and sparkles all around the fabric…And if I wear my hair down it covers the gorgeous details.

But I don’t really want my hair completely up either. Sooooo maybe I can do a half up/half down type style…To try to get the best of both worlds. Or maybe I can try a style that is mostly up, and displays the beautiful halter, but also has a lot of long curlies hanging down too.

So I have a lot of ideas to try out.


6) I can’t remember if I have written about it before or not…But I have always dreamed of having an Engagement Party. Everyone I talk to about it, just sees it as an unnecessary cost.

My Mother has offered to pay for an Engagement Party for us. However Jon (and everyone seems to 100% agree with him) would prefer to take the money that would go towards the party, and put it towards the wedding.

I can see how that makes sense and all…But I just feel like I am making a lot of compromises to my dream wedding as it is…To make it more affordable and all. Why should I kill yet another dream of mine?

So I thought maybe we can compromise…And have a more low-key Engagement Party, or just invite less people…And then there should be leftover money that can also go towards the wedding.

Etiquette says that you CANNOT invite someone to your Engagement Party that is not invited to your wedding…But it also says that you DO NOT have to invite everyone to your Engagement Party that is invited to your wedding.

So what if we just invite our immediate family, very best friends, and the Bridal Party?

I don’t think that there is anything wrong with a smaller more intimate setting to celebrate our engagement.

We were thinking of trying to have the party in February or March. It will be hard to plan it too far in advance, since there is a huge possibility of a snow storm in either of those months.


7) Since I was away from Wednesday until Saturday, I got very behind on my email...So I was just getting around to checking my old unread email this afternoon...And lost among a mess of emails was an email I got from David's Bridal last Thursday. I was very close to not opening it since I get a lot of emails from them about sales and such.
But this one was a very important email...Telling me that my dress was ready for pick-up!!
HOW EXCITING!!

I can't believe how fast it came in! It's only been like 2 weeks! None of the other dresses are in yet...And I expected mine to take the longest!

I mean it isn't altered or anything yet...
So I don't actually know if they had to make a new one from scratch or just order the dress in my size...
But still…We are talking about the most important garment I will ever wear in my entire life!!

I can’t help but be giddy. :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG! So much has happened! No wonder you are so excited! Can't wait to see all the details of all you described! Especially the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your excitement furthers my excitement! Hehe :)

    I will try to update you as much as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is in already? WOW! I was looking at my card from them the other day and it said they will only hold the dresses for 30 days, so don't forget!

    ReplyDelete