Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wedding Dress Update

So my dress came in last week...And my Mom, my Gramma, and I went to David's Bridal yesterday to pick it up. So of course I tried it on, and we found some flaws. On the front part of the halter, right by my collarbone, there is a lace finish on one side and no matching trim on the other side...I don't really know how to explain it, but it is totally noticeable.
Also, I think one of the pearl beads fell off.
And there was a pull in the train.
Also, at the top of the dress...Like the top of my chest...Where there is a 'bone' something-or-rather, one side noticeably sticks out and one side does not. Ideally, neither side would be sticking out the top at all.

So they got the seamstress or the manager or someone important to come look at it. And without hesitation she said they will just order me a new dress. Because the issues were too delicate and important to risk trying to fix on the dress...And possibly not even being able to fix it.

So that was nice of them...Considering how rude they have been some of the time.
So that's cool.
She asked how long until my wedding, and I told her 8 1/2 months. She said my new dress should come in after the New Year...And that will be plenty of time before my wedding.
So that is one thing I am NOT stressing about right now, surprisingly.

I am glad we don't have to try to ignore the dress issues, since they will not only be fixed, but they will be non-existent since it will be another new dress.

It worked out well, since the dress would only be chillaxin' in the closet for several more months. Since we got the dress in a Petite, it shouldn't have to be shortened...As long as I have a heel of probably at least 3 inches. (Which means that Jon will need shoes with a heel or a lift or something...Since on flat feet he is only like 3 inches taller than me...But that's another post for another time!)

So the only alterations that really need to be done are to the halter strap...It is way too big. And the chest and waist have to be taken in a little bit.

But I am holding off on those alterations until closer to the wedding, because I have no idea how much more weight I will lose by then...And I don't want to keep taking it in a million times. So I will wait until closer to the wedding...Not the last minute of course, but just a bit closer.

I really don't know how much weight I will lose...Presumably I won't gain any weight.
I go to my personal trainer for Boot Camp Class every single night, Monday through Friday..And sometimes Saturdays too.
I have lost 10 inches since mid-September. So, we'll see what happens.

Too bad we can't go back to a few years ago when I was still underweight. I mean, I am not overweight now or anything...But just definitely not underweight.
Anyway, the whole weight topic can be a post for another time as well.

So that is the update about my wedding dress.

I don't feel like it was a waste of a 2 hour trip, since we came home empty handed...Because we did accomplish something...I am going to get another new dress in a month that will hopefully be perfect. And we have plenty of time. So, hopefully everything will be wonderful.


EDIT: I found the shoes I tried on with the dress...I don't know how high the heel is...But this should hopefully give an idea of how high the heel needs to be about:

1 comment:

  1. Glad they are ordering you a new dress! I didn't think bridal salons were that nice about things like this!

    ReplyDelete