Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wedding Jewlery

For the last several years I decided that I would wear a pearl necklace for my wedding. I have never owned pearls, but I think they are so classy and elegant.

However my wedding dress is quite busy on the neckline to have a full strand of pearls. The halter is just like the rest of the dress; covered in lace, pearls, and diamonds. So it would look bad to have a big necklace.

When I first tried the dress on I also tried on different necklaces for ideas. I am a jewelry person, so I definitely want to wear a necklace, but the more simple ones looked the best with my dress. And I really didn't want to wear costume jewelry.


Well my Mom found a jewelry set that she thought would be perfect...But she wanted to make sure I loved it before she bought it.

So she took me to go see them, and I loved them...So she bought them. But I will wait until August to get them. If she tries to give them to me for Christmas, I won't let her. :)


The set (which doesn't come together, but I am just calling it a 'set') is 14K White Gold, Freshwater pearls, and diamonds:




Necklace


Matching Earrings


So I would obviously wear those studs in my first earring holes...But I have a total of three holes in each ear. So do I not wear any earrings in my second and third holes?
And actually, I have the upper cartilage in my left ear pierced, I usually wear a heart-shaped diamond stud in it every day...But I can leave it out for the wedding if it will look better.

Speaking of ear piercings, Jon has a barbell in his cartilage...I haven't decided if I will ask him to take it out for the wedding or not.
Maybe we do the classier, less earring look for the Church Ceremony...And then wear whatever earrings we want during the reception?
I dunno yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment