Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Update!

Friday Night my cousin, and one of my bridesmaids, came up from Staten Island for a visit. On Saturday, my Gramma, my Mom, my cousin, another bridesmaid, and I went to 4 different dress shops (would have been 5 but they changed their hours, so we got their after they closed). My 3'rd Bridesmaid came down with the flu and couldn't come...And my sister (my MOH) had to work and only made it to one of the stores.

I have narrowed down my favorite Bridesmaid Dresses to two top choices.

I hadn't really planned on trying any gowns on for myself. But while we were at the shops, I tried a couple on.
I now have a better idea of what looks good and bad for my body and height.
I also now know that if the dress doesn't have very much sparkle or bling...I apparently don't like it on me.
I tried on some styles that I never imagined liking...Such as the Mermaid...And it surprisingly looked good on me.
But I learned that I seem to love the ballgown styles the best. AND not every poofy dress looks like it is eating all 5 feet of me! :) So that's exciting. I just don't know how I am going to be able to pick just ONE dress!!


So we hit up all of the local shops on Saturday that we wanted to accomplish...Minus the 5th that was closed.
My Mom is trying to plan a trip to a big bridal store that is like 2 1/2 hours away. We want to do it before December and snow. She decided that we should give my girls this weekend off from dresses...And plan our trip instead for November 21st. Jon's Mom is going to try to meet us there, too!


On a different note...I went to my third Bridal Show yesterday. I didn't win anything, but it was still fun.
The weather outside was uncharacteristically gorgeous!!
It would have been PERFECT for some outdoor Engagement Photos.
Forget the turning leaf photos, because that is over.
Plus I really wanted Fall Engagement Photos more when I thought our wedding would be in the fall. But now that our wedding is technically the Summer, I don't really care what weather our Engagement Photos are in.

But by the time I got home from the Bridal Show...And would have had Jon and my friend who is taking our pictures, meet me at my parent's house (it was nice and sunny out, and my parent's have a GORGEOUS view!) the sun would have went in.

So we are probably going to end up doing indoor photos at the train station in Utica.
It sounds strange to me...But it is a VERY popular location for wedding photos.
The train station is actually quite beautiful.

And now I have to stress over what to wear in the photographs.
If we ended up doing them outside yesterday, I would have just worn jeans and my black pea coat and maybe a cute scarf.

But for indoor photos, I am thinking I need a cute skirt or dress or something.
OK So maybe need isn't the correct word...Just more like really want.

So hopefully we can get that done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment