Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back to Bamboo

I have come up with so many amazing centerpiece ideas in the last two weeks, it is unbelievable. I should be a centerpiece designer/salesperson! I would be rich by now. I have had some really creative and wonderful ideas. But now the problem is that I cannot decide on one that I 100% want to use for my wedding.

I am also trying to be fairly cheap...But still make a totally gorgeous centerpiece.
I know when I go to weddings I am rather critical of the centerpieces. So even though I don't want to go broke over making fabulous centerpieces, I don't want them to look like they came from the dollar store either.


And I have changed my mind for the millionth time. And as of today I have come back to the whole Lucky Bamboo Centerpiece Idea...

I want to document this idea, and then look back on it later and see if I still really like it, or if I change my mind and totally hate it.





Heart-Shaped Lucky Bamboo Stalk...Comes in 10" or 11" for $5 or $6 respectively (without a vase).



I came up with a couple of different ideas...Such as going to the 99Cent Store and getting additional straight stalks to add to the centerpieces (for only $0.78 each!!)
I also thought of adding pretty colored stones or pebbles.
Plus, depending on the width of the vase, I might need to put some kind of stone in the bottom of it to keep the bamboo stalk upright.
And I even thought of adding a water resistant illuminating light to put at the bottom of the vase...And/Or dying the water pink.


But then I found this:





I am pretty sure it is supposed to make the water a sparkly pink color.
And it is only $2.99/pack. AND each pack is good for one gallon of water. I have yet to pick the size vase I want to use, but I cannot imagine it needing a full gallon. So maybe I can figure out how to split one packet among several centerpieces.
The only problem is that I have never actually seen this stuff in person to know what pink color it will really look like or anything.

Maybe I need to order a few things and make a mock-up centerpiece?



Let's see...I think I will want to put it on a mirror. And possibly have 4 votive candles flickering around it...And scatter rose petals or pretty marble thingys on and around the mirror and base of the vase and the votive candles.

I also MIGHT want to (I would really have to see how it looks in person, and also the size and shape of the vase) tie a hot pink ribbon around the vase. Or use a piece of the black and white fabric to tie around the vase and a hot pink ribbon over that.

OR instead of using a mirror I can use a piece of the black and white fabric. And then I wont need to make a table runner like I was considering doing.

Hopefully that isn't getting too pricey. But I bet I can get a lot of those things at Michaels...And I can go each week with a coupon and slowly add pieces. (But not too slowly, in case they run out of something I need.)


Oh, and depending on how everything looks, I might add 1 single pink rose or a stargazer lily to each centerpiece. I really don't know yet...Just tossing out ideas.


I have a big feeling that something that keeps drawing me back to the Lucky Bamboo is how unique it is. I don't think that it is so far fetched that people will walk in to the reception hall and be all "WTF?!"...But at the same time they definitely will not be all, "this is so overused at every wedding!"

I do want a lot of traditional elements at my wedding...But some modern aspects couldn't hurt. Plus, as long as I am consistently keeping it classy, I don't really care what era or genre it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment