Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lucky Bamboo Centerpiece

Ever since seeing the idea to use lucky bamboo for centerpieces, I have been obsessed with thinking of more ideas to get that to work.
Hopefully it doesn't look strange that there won't be any other kind of Asian inspired decor.


Jon has been saying for years that he always wanted to own some bamboo. I think he wants to put a small one on his desk at work.

So while stopping at BJs for gas on my way home from work this evening, I passed by a 99 Cent store. I decided I would look for some bamboo to buy Jon to surprise him with on Thursday for our 27th-Monthiversary.

I found these:



Sorry for the poor quality...But I was trying to take a quick picture with my phone of the only two Heart vases I could find before the owner lady came and yelled at me or something.

Anyway, I thought maybe those could be centerpieces. The smaller heart was I think $5.99, and the larger was I think $7.99

I was going to buy Jon one of the heart ones, but then decided he would be too embarrassed to put it at his desk at work...So I decided on this one instead:




I thought it was more manly than the hearts. :)



Anyway...They also sell huge stalks of lucky bamboo for like $0.79 each!

So I can do a DIY centerpiece by buying those single stalks and putting them in vases and such.
Maybe a vase with a couple stalks...And like pebbles or something in the bottom of the vase...And all on top of a mirror. And maybe surrounded by mini heart shaped bamboos. or votive candles.
And then I probably wouldn't toss rose petals around, because that probably won't match a flower-less centerpiece.

2 comments:

  1. i just went to Ikea..bought a whole bunch of bamboo stalks, square vases and the smaller rocks. put 3 stalks in each and my wedding is not for another 6 months, but want to give them the opportunity to grow with some T.L.C. Also found fruit scented votives that match my wedding colors. the square vases will be placed on top of a mirror with 3 votives surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, Heather, you guys are wonderful inspiration! Keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete