Thursday, September 3, 2009

SURPRISE!

So I am at work sitting in a meeting...And for some reason I got an idea for a cute surprise for Jon and his boys.
There was ABSOLUTELY no correlation between anything said in the meeting and anything to do with this surprise idea I came up with.

I think it just goes to show more examples of my "addiction" (A.K.A. My Wedding Obsession).
It apparently interferes with my everyday life.

Anyway, on to my idea.
So I already know that I am going to ask Jon and his boys to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not be wasted for the Ceremony.
There will most likely be an open bar at the Reception, where they can get trashed if they so feel the need to. But I am hoping that they hold out until the Reception to really let loose.
(I am actually hoping that Jon and myself do not get too drunk at the Reception...How awful would it be for us to put all this time, energy, and money into our Wedding...Just to be too drunk to remember it the next day?! Or too sick from booze to enjoy it?!)

Anyway, I thought maybe while Jon and the boys are getting ready before the Ceremony...Which is probably when my sister will go visit them to drop off whatever Grooms Gift I decide to get for Jon. (Hopefully he knows about the Bride and Grooms gifts...To send his brother to drop me off something...Like a rose or a card or something sweet!)
So I was thinking maybe my sister can drop all the guys off a beer from me as a surprise.
Like an expensive import or something. And then I will include a note saying something like "Thanks for following my 'waiting to get wasted' rule...Cheers!"
And let them each have a beer. And get cute pictures of them all drinking up their surprise beer before the Ceremony.

I thought maybe I could tie a cute ribbon around the beer bottle's neck, to dress it up.
But then I had the idea of getting them all personalized Koozies!
I could get them personalized either with their name or their role in the wedding party or both.

But then I have to worry about if I should get Can Koozies or Bottle Koozies...Because I don't know what kind of beer each guy prefers to drink, and if they prefer their beers in bottles or cans. Can bottles fit in Koozies made for cans? I don't think that cans can fit in Koozies made for bottles...
Well, maybe I will leave the decision up to myself, depending on what surprise beer I choose to buy for them.


ANYWAY...I did a quick search on Google for personalized Koozies...And I think I found the cutest thing ever to have put on the Koozies:



So it wouldn't have their name or bridal party role...But it can still be wedding themed and be personalized for our names, date, and location.
And since the minimum order is 12 Koozies, I can give them to Jon and his guys, his Dad, my Dad...And if any are leftover, maybe to my girls too. And then Jon's Mom could get one...But then my Mom might feel left out, since she doesn't drink alcohol.


Unless I went with something like this:




Since it says 'Drink' and not 'Beer'.
But I would only need it to say 'To hold &' once.
Did anyone else notice that besides me?
I actually read it as "To have & to hold" until I did a double take.
Either way I just like the 'drink' instead of 'beer' idea.
Unless these are just for the boys...Then it TOTALLY needs to say 'beer'!!


I like this idea too:




And those last two designs have sooooo many customization options!!
(Which is good because of the typos I found on the other one!)


Again, I have ABSOLUTELY no clue what-so-ever for what made me think of customized beer Koozies. But I like it. ;-)




Then there is always the idea of just getting one for everybody...

I mean look:








Soooo just some more stuff to think about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment