Thursday, November 12, 2009

Desserts/Candy Table

I am 100% Italian...I am used to having too much food and desserts at every event...Including nightly dinner.
When I presented Jon with the idea of having additional desserts at the reception, Jon said it would be a waste of money and that we will have the wedding cake and don't need anything else.
As much as my budget-conscious side agrees with that statement, my creativity and Italian side does not.

Thus I continued to be creative with different dessert ideas.



This is as close to a visual on my idea of Black & Whites with our last name initial in pink as I could come. Come on, that looks just like pink frosting! ;)
Or it looks like I am back to making mock-ups in Paint.


And don't forget my Rainbow Cookie in my wedding colors idea!

So what if instead of that...


The colors were more like this:



Or like this:


I don't think I would want one of the cakey layers to be black, because black is such a hard color to dye...No matter how much black food coloring I use, it always looks purple. So I think we can stick with the outer chocolate layers being enough 'black color'.

Other dessert ideas I had included dipping pretzels (the real twisted pretzel shaped ones, not rods) in white and dark (assuming that would make a better 'black' color than milk chocolate would) chocolate and then adding pink sprinkles.
I really love that idea for favors and then include a tag that says "Thanks for helping us tie the knot!"

Another idea was having white and dark chocolate dipped strawberries with pink sprinkles.






And then another idea was forgetting the dessert table and doing the trendy Candy Buffet table instead.
I am sure we could easily find black, white, and pink candies to adorn the table.
And then have to-go boxes for guests to fill up with their desired candy, and take home as a favor. Instead of us putting favors together with candy that the guests may or may not like.

Also, when preparing to make candy for my bridesmaids, I bought every kind of wedding candy molds that Wilton makes. So that is another thing I can make for either a dessert table or a candy buffet table. As long as it isn't too warm out and the candy melts.

I can make these candies in any color.


I can also make these candies in any color...And I can make them into lollipops too.


I also have these...But haven't tried them out yet. They look like just candy...But really, they are candy covered Oreos! How cool is that to be able to make a candy coated (in any color) Oreo?!?! Well they look like Oreos would work best with them at least. And I thought that they were too cute to pass up. I need to try them out one of these days.

I don't own these...
...Or these...But I can easily buy them, and they could work too...Unless I was definitely going to make my other pretzel idea, then that would be too many pretzels.



I just had to post this idea of desserts and candies because my creative brain comes up with so many ideas that I can't keep up! So I needed to document it so I could remember my ideas better. :)



Of course we can always use any of these ideas for the Engagement Party (if we have one) instead of the Reception, too.

3 comments:

  1. Those all look great! I wouldnt know where to begin choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making your own candy is so cool! It's such a personal touch for the guests. You should definitely do that for desserts or maybe favors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CL: Thanks...I don't know where to begin either!

    Katerina: Thanks for the suggstion...I thought it would be a nice personal touch.

    ReplyDelete