Wednesday, January 6, 2010

BRIDESMAID DRESSES!!

So it just occurred to me that I never posted any pictures of my Bridesmaids' Dresses!

My girls are all different sizes...So I was having a hard time trying to find a dress that would be flattering for everyone.

All dresses are modeled by my Bridesmaid and friend, Nina :)

My favorite for a while was this dress by Alfred Angelo:



Of course I wanted the dress in black and the sash in hot pink.
The dress was flowy, and I thought it would be a good idea. Plus the girls said it was comfortable to wear...And light fabric, which is good for a Summer wedding.


I realllllyyy loved this next elegant dress:
(Ignore the appearance I make in this picture)



I wanted my Maid of Honor to have it in the colors shown, but the other girls to have the white be pink.


Dress #3:


I really loved the silver brooch!
I wanted the light purple to be black, and the dark purple to be hot pink.



Dress # 4:


I wanted the dark purple as black, and the light purple as hot pink.


This next dress is modeled by my Bridesmaid and cousin, Karen:



This dress was HORRIBLE...But they had the color combination that I wanted.
I am just throwing it in for a color visual. :)


AND THE WINNER IS....





TAH~DAH!! :)

Of course the dresses are black with pink sashes...It was just a coincidence that the dresses they had available in each of the girls' sizes to try on all happened to be the same color.

So the girls will have black dresses with pink sashes...And my Maid of Honor will have the black dress with a white sash.


And now for the problem...As I have mentioned in prior posts, David's Bridal does not have hot pink.

My sister is showing the black dress with the closest pink colors they had available:




I had to choose from Azalea (the top color) and Watermelon (the bottom color).
In this picture Azalea looks more fuchsia, but in person it really looked more purple...So I chose Watermelon.
Hopefully the color pops like I want it to...Even though it isn't fuchsia.
So now I have to plan my wedding to have watermelon accents and not hot pink accents.
Hopefully it will still look amazing!

Here is my sister modeling the final choice in Watermelon (even though she will have white):




The dress doesn't look wonderful here, because it was actually a little bit big on her...And she isn't wearing the crinoline thingy that goes under the dress to make it look fuller and less droopy.


And here is how my Maid of Honor will stand out from my other Bridesmaids:




Sooooooo...What do you think?
Did I choose a good dress that eludes elegance, class, beauty, flattery, and my awesome color combination?! :)

I sure hope so!!

1 comment:

  1. OMGGG I have been busy and fallen sooo far behind on ur wedding blog but had the sudden urge to read it today to see what u ended up picking bc i know ur wedding is coming up soon, u must be sooo excitied!!! anyways omggg ur bridesmaid dresses are the same exact ones my sister-in-law had, cept it was turqouise blue and a white sash. take a look at my facebook pictures from my brothers wedding if u want to check it out, i think its the same dress, it has the sash and the pickups or whatever u call them throughout the dres. wow what a coincidence lol anyways i think u made a great choice and im sure it will all look amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete