Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick Updates

Here are a couple of quick updates:


1) As I said earlier, I always seem to win a prize at every other bridal show...Sunday's show was my 'other' which meant I should have won something.
Well, I did! :)
I won a nice autograph plate. I just don't know if I should put it out at the Engagement Party, Rehearsal Dinner, or Reception...I just don't think it is big enough for everyone at the Reception to be able to sign it.
So we'll see.

So this pattern means that I won't win anything at the HUGE Bridal Show that I am going to in two weeks. :(
Hehe


2) At Sunday's show I booked a DJ.
He seems good. So hopefully that will work out well.


3) Now that I see the real prices everything costs, my original dream of having a huge fancy Engagement Party have faded away with many of my other original dreams...
With that being said, I was going to just do away with the Engagement Party all together.
However, I think it will be nice for both of our families and both sides of the Bridal Party to meet and mingle prior to the wedding.
So I am trying to plan a small gathering that I will call our Engagement Party. That will just consist of our parents, grandparents, some aunts and uncles, cousins, and the bridal party and their significant others.
So it will be considerably smaller than the actual wedding invite list.
But I was just trying to include the most important people that should meet ahead of time.
Etiquette says the Engagement Party should be like 6months before the wedding. Which brings us to February.
Unfortunately everyone will be driving from either 2 hours to 6 hours or more to get here...And February in Central New York still means a ton of snow. And I hate to make everyone travel in the snow.
So we'll see what happens.


3) My newest Save-The-Date Love:


So I was making a rough-draft of one of those for Jon & I...I thought we could use real pictures of us from the dates listed instead of those clip-art pictures.
The only problem is that our lives aren't really interesting...I don't think we have many dates to list.

I came up with the date we got matched on Match.com, the day we met in person, the day we officially started dating, the day we first said "I Love You", & the day we got engaged.
Not the most exciting time line. Heh

I just thought that would be cute and different...And it can probably be done on a magnet depending on the size of the document, and if we want to be cheaper we can always just put it on nice paper without a magnet.




No comments:

Post a Comment