Saturday, January 9, 2010

Last Night's Bridal Show...

I went to a Bridal Show with my Mother and Grandmother last night...I didn't win anything, but I didn't expect to because the pattern has been that I win at every other Bridal Show and this was my off one...So to continue said pattern, I am due to win something at the next show. Hahaha

Anyway, I thought that going to a Bridal Show again after not having any to go to since November, would get me excited to be back in my element (wedding-related things!) But instead it got me really stressed.

First of all, apparently August 21, 2010 is like an uber popular date to get married...Lots of brides-to-be that were there last night had that date. :(

Second of all, most of the vendors were already booked for that date too...And they continuously told me how very behind I am. Maybe they were just saying that so I would book them, but it stressed me out!

How did that happen?! I mean, I have been planning my wedding for 24 years...How did I get so far behind?! :(


So I went up to the bar and bought myself a glass of White Zin, sat down for a few minutes, and calmed down.

I then marched on up to the table with one of my favorite photographers (I saw him at a lot of past bridal shows and always liked him) and fired off a million questions.
Finally I handed him over a check for $400 and boom! We now have our Photographer & Videographer booked.
*Phew*

He was a bit pricey...But I feel like photographs and videos are sooooo important. I mean, when the day is over, all you have left are memories and photos, right? So I think that I would much rather pay more to ensure that all of that is perfect, and then just skimp elsewhere if need be.

And what's good about me hiring the photographer and videographer from the same company is that they work together...And they will know how not to be in each other's way. As opposed to hiring two separate companies that will be competing for photos.

Like he showed us sample videos and photographs where they can tell the bride and groom to turn and look at the camera...And get a video and snapshot done at once.

So I am pretty excited about that.

We didn't decide on an exact package yet...But they said we have plenty of time to choose that.

Mostly the difference between the packages have to do with what kind of album you want. ie Matted, flush mounted, 12 pages, 40 pages, etc.

Also, we get the exclusive rights to our photographs, so we can take them anywhere to get re-prints and more albums done later.


Their website has sample photos and videos if anyone is interested in checking it out.



Now the next really important thing that I need to book is the DJ!

I feel that the DJ really makes or breaks the reception. If the DJ sucks and no one is dancing, that also screws up the DVD that the Videographer is taking...Because without dancing, that will make for a boring video! Not to mention a very boring party for the guests!

I tried booking some DJs a while ago, and the ones that I liked the best are all booked! :(

The ones that were at the show last night were not booked, but I also really did not like.
So, this is a biggie I am getting nervous about.

I have another Bridal Show to go to tomorrow afternoon...So hopefully there will be other DJs there that I will like, and who are not booked yet! :)

Also at the show last night were 2 bakers who were not at any prior shows I have been to. I tasted their cakes, and they were both very good. And one cake had fondant with a similar black pattern to what I want. My Mom, Gramma, and I all said that the fondant really didn't taste that bad. So I got hopeful. But then I got uber upset, because I looked down at all of our plates when we were done, and we had all ate the cake and left the fondant...
Which has been a big fear of mine.
Of course, we all really were quite full when we were tasting the cake...So I don't know how much more of it we would have eaten if we weren't so full.

*Sighs* Just more for me to worry about.

I am going to go try to find the number of the baker I have been talking about for a few months now, and try to set up a cake and fondant tasting appointment with him ASAP!

Otherwise I need to go with plan B of my wedding cake...And really have no damask in the reception at all. And I don't know how I feel about no damask. :(

1 comment:

  1. We just booked our dj and are on a hunt for a videographer now. We found a great photographer and now the tricky part is to get 2 people who've never worked together to coordinate. So many tricky things to work out! Good luck finding more vendors!

    ReplyDelete