Sunday, January 3, 2010

Current Wedding Stressers!

Everyone knows how I want my wedding theme to be the black and white damask pattern.

The biggest places I was going to display said pattern was on my wedding cake and on my table runners.

However in order for the pattern to be on the wedding cake that I designed, it will probably need to have fondant. So I will need to go for a cake and fondant tasting. Because if it is not going to taste good, I am not going to buy a cake that looks good but tastes like crap...And then no one will want to eat it and it will just get thrown out.
If that is the case, then I need to design a new wedding cake...I have an idea in mind, but it would be without the damask design.


And as far as my table runners go, I haven't bought enough fabric yet...And I haven't actually started making any runners yet.


If I don't have my damask on my cake or on my table runners then my wedding is just going to be black and pink...Very Sweet 16...And less wedding-elegant.


Oh and I never actually got around to posting about all of my other updates...Including my Bridesmaid Dresses.

They are solid black gorgeous gowns with what should be fuchsia sashes. However, David's Bridal doesn't have any hot pink colors. Only Watermelon or Azalea...And that Azalea is being discontinued soon.
So after a long debate I chose Watermelon. So already my dream color scheme is getting screwed up and forced to be changed from what I want.


Not to mention how very very behind I have become on my wedding planning.
I became very focused on the Holidays and less focused on my wedding.

But I am back to trying to plan this wedding now.


I typed up a 4-page list in Word of the majority of what I have left to do...

I am soooo stressed right now!!


3 comments:

  1. Google a recipe for a marshmallow fondant recipe and ask your baker if they can make it or something similar. I am going to have our baker use it and have heard it is much better than regular fondant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Hun! The baker I want to try to make an appointment with said he makes his own fondant...So hopefully that will taste better than the ready-made fondant I use from Micheal's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll help make the runners if you know how you want them done or if you have a pattern.

    ReplyDelete