Saturday, January 9, 2010

Junior Bridesmaid

I am having a Junior Bridesmaid (and her twin brother is going to be a Junior Groomsmen) and I haven't picked out her dress yet.

I want her dress to be solid Watermelon...Possibly with a black sash.
Unless I see a dress that I love that is solid black. In solid black she would look more uniform to the other girls, and still stand out since she would have a different style dress...And at 12 years old, she would be obviously younger and stand out anyway.
However, I figured since she is so much younger, I can get at least one person in my bridal party to have solid pink! :)

So I am consulting David's Bridals' website to see what Junior Bridesmaid dresses they have available in Watermelon. Because I still want some kind of uniformity...If I just have her get a dress from any store with a pink that doesn't match, I feel like that will stick out like a sore thumb too much.
I might have the Flower Girl be a hot pink that is not David's Bridals' Watermelon, but I haven't decided that yet.

Anyway, the website shows a dress for Juniors that looks very similar to my Bridesmaid's dress...But it does not come in Watermelon or Black...It only comes in Apple, Champagne, Peridot, & Truffle. :(
I guess I could go with Champagne for a Black & White wedding...But I probably won't, because even though it would match, it is not my color...
But here it is anyway:


Sucks, because it matches the other girls style so well!!



So now here are every single floor-length Junior dress that comes in Watermelon:



I like this dress a lot.






I am not too crazy about this dress...But it comes in Watermelon, so I could always have her just try it on anyway.







I like this dress a lot...It doesn't come in Watermelon, but obviously comes in Black, if I wanted to go that route...And maybe see about adding a Watermelon sash, like the older girls will have.



Never mind, for some reason the site has this dress on two different pages...And here it does come in Watermelon:



YAY! :)




I know I want her in a floor-length gown, so I won't even bother posting pictures of the short dresses they have in Watermelon.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I like the top one in Watermelon that you liked a lot the best. My daughter is a 'Bridesmaid' at 15 years old and we have a 10 year old nephew that will be a junior groomsmen and walk with her down the aisle. Very cute. Originally I was calling my daughter a junior BM but at 15 I think it's fine to call her a regular BM. However, I did put her in a blue dress whereas all the other BM's are in red. I wanted them all in the blue but they weren't feeling it. Like you I got my wish of having at least one of them in that color since my daughter liked the blue and wanted to stand out :)

    ReplyDelete