Friday, May 28, 2010

Hair

Now the wedding countdown is just flying by! Only 86 days left! That's only 2 Months, 3 Weeks, & 4 Days! That's 12 Weeks & 2 Days! Holy Cannoli!!


Anyway, I really need to figure out how I want to wear my hair.
I have probably mentioned this a few times before. But I will just say the summary real quick.

I have been growing out my hair since before we were engaged, so that I could have nice long curls for my wedding.

However, I never planned on wearing a halter gown, and that's what my dress is.

I would be fine with wearing my hair down and covering the halter strap, except it is gorgeous! The strap is covered in lace, pearls, and diamonds...Just like the rest of the dress. And it is just too pretty to cover up.

So the obvious logical answer is to just wear my hair fully up in some traditional style. I just don't know that is really what I want. I don't want to look all prom. And I also have to consider my tiara and veil.


So I have been trying to find some hair styles that are half up/half down.
And the down part would be like on my back more than my shoulders, to keep from covering the strap. And maybe it's good not to have all of my hair down, because it will be August. And I assume (but who knows with Central New York weather!) that it will be hot.

I am going next week to get my hair colored and highlighted. Even though I'm not really sure what colors I am getting yet. We are doing it this far in advance, just in case I am not 100% in love with the colors and need it changed in enough time before the wedding.
I haven't actually gotten highlights in many years. I used to get highlights over my natural hair color for years...Then I eventually started getting my full head colored one color. But those colors have varied from bright reds, to mellow reds, to browns, to black. So I am probably getting the main color pretty much like my natural darker brown color. And then some golden brown highlights and maybe some auburn lowlights.

While I am there, we are going to schedule my up-do trial appointment. Hopefully we will only need to do one trial. But if I don't love it, I will definitely go for a second trial...Or as many as it takes to get it perfect!



Half



Cascading downward curls



Now this is totally up, would show the entire strap, and still be low enough to not be one of those prom up-dos I used to get. Don't get me wrong, I used to love my hair completely up in a curly prom-do...But this is my wedding, not my prom. I am going for elegant and classy and not a teenager.


Bun


OK It is 12:30am...I cannot find any hair styles that I am in love with. I need to get some sleep so I can wake up for work in a few hours.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment