Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bridal Showers!

The first time I mentioned my Bridal Shower was when we were still planning on Honeymooning in Hawaii. So obviously my theme changed from a Hawaiian luau to more of just a tropical beach paradise. I first considered a Mexico theme, but wasn't feeling sombreros and donkeys. Plus, that's not the part of Mexico we are honeymooning in anyway.

So, like I said in that first post, my Mom wanted the whole Bridal Shower to be a surprise.

So we tried to compromise...It is half a surprise. LOL

I mean, I know the date and location and time of the shower. (My Mom didn't want me to know when and where it was, but I said I HAD to know so I can get my nails and hair done and wear a cute dress.)
I also let them know the kind of food I wanted at the shower...And the theme that I wanted.
But I actually don't know anything else about it.

My Bridesmaids and my Mom are taking care of everything else. My Mom won't even let me see the guest list! Well, I know who was invited, but she isn't letting me know who has RSVPed as a 'Yes' or a 'No'. So that way when I get there the guests will at least be a surprise to me.

The funny thing is, that despite the invitations for the shower having my mom's number to call and RSVP to, a lot of girls have been RSVPing to me.
Most of my family is scattered all around the US in various states, so I don't really expect any far away person to travel for the shower and then again for the wedding. So I am really only expecting local people to show up. Of course, we kind of lack local people. Haha

I am really excited to see if any of my best friends who are like 6 hours away are going to come or not...Their RSVPs are still a surprise to me!

So my only job for this shower is to look cute and show up!
But that is actually not so easy...
I have an appointment for a pedicure and for acrylic tips...And I have an appointment for my hair to be colored and highlighted...
But I am having the HARDEST time finding a dress I want to wear to the shower!!

Originally I was looking for a cute flowery sun dress to go with the luau theme. But with the change of plans, I decided I still wanted a cute flowery dress, but maybe slightly more formal than just a sun dress.
Either way, I have been trying dresses on for monthhhsssss and I have yet to find a dress I'm in love with.
Actually, the few that I found that I'm in LOVE with are anywhere between $150-$300...Which is just ridiculous.
And I actually need two dresses. Because I am actually having two Bridal Showers!
The one on June 5th is being thrown by my Mom and my Bridesmaids.
The one on July 24th is being thrown by my Future Mother-In-Law and her sister. :)
Jon's family lives a few hours away...So it was just easier to have one shower close to where they live, to keep people from having to travel.
That shower is a complete surprise to me...Besides the date and time. I have no idea what the place looks like, what will be served, or even who will be there!
I love surprises...But I am just impatient! Haha
But I am glad to have some stuff be a surprise.

And something that I have definitely noticed that throughout this entire wedding planning process: I am a control freak and I have issues relinquishing control.
So like as stressful as it is to do most of this alone, I really would prefer it that way.


So anyway, I have 16 days left until my first Bridal Shower and 65 days left until my second Bridal Shower.

I am stressing a little over not getting a dress I love in time. But I am trying not to, because that is such a silly thing to stress over.


No comments:

Post a Comment