Monday, October 12, 2009

And it starts...

Oh no, Bridezilla is attacking!


I have only been engaged for like a day...And I am already stressed! Ha!

You would think with all of my prior planning (Read: "24 years") that I would be ready to get married tomorrow...But in reality, all of my prior planning was just a million different ideas that I liked...But now this is for real....And I have to pick the ideas that I absolutely love (and now I have to worry about staying close to budget!)

Jon has always said he wanted a Fall wedding, whereas I always wanted a Summer wedding.
So over a year ago I came up with the compromise that we could get married in the beginning of September. It is still technically the Summer, but will have Fall weather.

I have already said from day 1 that there will not be a Fall theme to the wedding, however.
I refuse to have pumpkins and autumn colored leaves adorning my wedding.

However, my love for a brown and pink themed wedding can fit nice for the fall...So it's a win-win!


With that being said...Over the past year I have signed up to numerous wedding websites...And when they asked our wedding date, I always used the made up date of September 4, 2010.
Then more recently, as I assumed I wasn't getting proposed to any time soon, I changed our imaginary wedding date to September 10, 2011
I actually began to fall in love with that date. I mean it is 09/10/11! How cool?!
And it would be our 4 year and 3 month anniversary. Hehe

With that date being 23 months away, I assumed that to be the more realistic date.

Well, after our post-engagement bliss started to wear off Saturday night, I asked Jon what engagement time frame he was thinking about.
I said, "You know, are you thinking 5 years from now? Or like 2011 or 2010..."

And to my surprise, he said "I guess 2010 is good."

Um alright...September 2010 is actually only 11 months away.
Can I really get everything done in 11 months?!

I guess we wont really know until we try to book a venue. (After we actually go look at some and then decide on one.) It is quite possible that the venues are already booked for every Saturday night in September 2010.

There are two ways to look at it:
A) We pick the date we love and then try to find a venue with that date still available.
B) We pick a venue we love, and then see what dates they have available and try to find a date we like out of their schedule.



Alright, enough stress for right now, I suppose.

Oh, did I mention we have no idea on who to make our Flower Girl? We literally have an abundance of Ring Bearers, and absolutely no Flower Girls!!


Oh...And maybe inquiring minds want the story of how he proposed?

Well, considering I am at work right now, and shouldn't be posting any entries at all...I should probably hold off on telling that story for now.
I just had to get on here quick and vent out my stress. :)



PS I am thinking of being a Bridezilla for Halloween!
HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment