Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My First Wedding Purchase and Projects!

So I have my first Wedding Purchases and Projects to announce! :)


Yesterday I splurged and bought myself the pink "Soon To Be Mrs. Hines" diamond hoodie that I couldn't stop talking about!

I am soooo excited to start wearing that!

I also bought these:



How freakin' cute are those cards?!
I Love them and just had to get them!

As of today, Jon and I finally picked out our Bridal Party (Yay! Our first Wedding decision done!) And we want to tell our friends who we chose...But I really want to wait for these cards to come in the mail...And I feel like they won't be in for like 1 1/2 months! Because they were ordered with the hoodie that will take a while because of the customization and all.

Jon was like, "I was just going to call my guys to tell them." But I want to use the cute cards. :(

So maybe we will just end up telling everyone...And also send the cards when they come in...Since I already paid of the cards.

I also would love to do some special gathering for my girls and ask them in a memorable way...Especially since some of them need to meet each other for the first time.
So I will brainstorm and figure something out.


On Monday I bought a shadow box to keep all of the memorabilia from the engagement in. I want to be able to display them forever. When I got the box home, I saw that it was chipped and I went back yesterday to get a new one.



You can't really see the shadow box I bought, because it is covered by all of the engagement related stickers that I bought for decorations.
Yesterday I also started drying out the dozen roses that Jon gave me with the proposal. I will put some or all of the roses in the box, along with the wrapping paper and bow that wrapped up my ring's box when he gave it to me.

Also, the day after we got engaged we went to my parent's house and my parent's had surprised us with a bottle of champagne...And my Mom had us drink from their good crystal, that I have never seen used in any of my 24 years.
Well, my Grandfather accidentally dropped his glass and the stem snapped off of the glass. So I decided instead of being pissed and throwing it out, like my parents were, I will glue it back together because it was a clean break. And I will tie the ribbon from my ring box around the crack of the stem, and you will never know it broke! And I will display that crystal flute in my shadow box as well.

Yeah, I am just a sentimental sap.



And for my last project I made my Halloween costume:



I was going to get a Godzilla mask and gloves and a big fake diamond ring to put over the Godzilla hand..And wear a veil.
But then I decided that would be a big waste of money, since I would never get to reuse any of that.
So instead I made a Bridezilla shirt, that I will wear again. So that seemed like a better use of money.



Last but not least, a quick story.
My Mother went to the library yesterday and took out every wedding related book they had.
Not to mention how out-dated they all were.



The first thing I said to her?
"Thanks for calling me an idiot."

I know she didn't really call me an idiot, but the book she got mocked me.
:-P
Oh, and the library called tonight, other wedding books she put on hold are in and ready to be taken out as well.
Oh well, she meant well.



Anyway, there are SOOOOOOOOO many decisions to make and planning to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment