Tuesday, October 20, 2009

E Session Drama

I have several friends who do photography on the side. So prior to getting engaged, I have been secretly hoping all along that we would have no problem getting someone to help us out with Engagement Photographs.
I was hoping this could help cut costs. I wasn't expecting to get them for free...I am willing to pay them for their time and gas money or whatever. And they don't even have to print the photos out, they can just give us a digital copy and we can print them or whatever.

But for one reason or another, no one seems to want to take the pictures.
Supposedly it isn't about the money...
Because some of these people don't usually get paid for their photography anyway!
But I must admit, most of them they do have relevant valid reasons for not being able to help us out...(Broken arm, too busy, broken camera, etc.)


My Mom said we can just go to Sears or wherever, just to get a couple of professional shots done.
But I really got my hopes up for having some cute outdoorsy photos...More than just some stiff indoor staged photos with fake backdrops.

I am very picky when it comes to photos of myself. I rarely ever like how I look in pictures. I always seem to find something to nitpick about.
I really don't think that Jon and I have a decent picture of us.

But my thoughts are that if someone were to take candid shots of us walking around or just like naturally gazing at each other, they might look a ton better...And more believable.


I think for now though we are just going to go to JCPenney (or wherever) Portrait Studio and get a couple of (hopefully) cute pictures of us taken. At the very least, this will finally give us a picture we both (hopefully) look good in.
And then we can have a good picture of us to put in the newspapers for our announcement.

And maybe if we like the picture enough we can consider using it for the Save-The-Dates or Invitations.
Like I said, if not, we will just have a good picture of us that commemorate a very special time in our lives.
And you can never have too many photographs!! EVER!! :)

I did start contacting some vendors yesterday about prices for STDs and Invitations...But if the portrait studio can do some STDs, it might just make life easier to go through them.

And if in the future, it works out that someone will help take some cute outdoorsy photographs as well, then that will just be the best of both worlds!


I am trying to look on the bright side...And I think it is working! :)

3 comments:

  1. How about trying to find a photography student? They would be cheaper than a professional photog and you can still get some outdoor pics. Maybe place an ad on craigslist or at a school nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh...if you want to come down to LI I can help with pictures....i have a decent camera and a tripod...and photoshop skills....I mean...im no professional but, if you get really desperate. even if you just want someone to do touch ups with photoshop...ill put the offer out there...

    also....i wouldnt call save the date cards STD's anymore...caused me a little confusion for a minute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to take pics when you were down. Time just flew! I did find alot of beautiful trees on my way to work yesterday too. We need to get together again soon with my camera!

    ReplyDelete