Thursday, October 15, 2009

~*~*The Proposal*~*~

So inquiring minds have been wondering how exactly Jon proposed to me.
So here is the story...


Saturday night was our 28th Monthiversary...We don't always celebrate every monthiversary, but decided to go out to a fancy restaurant that we never went to before.
And after dinner I kept saying that we should go bowling. Because my Boot Camp trainer had paid for all of the members to go bowling that night...So I figured we should go and take advantage of the free activity. I couldn't figure out why Jon kept saying "no, let's just go home."

So we had a wonderful dinner and then when back to our apartment and just got comfy on the couch and watched whatever random TV shows were on.
Then Jon randomly got up and sat at his computer and started screwing around on it. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "oh nothing, just messing around."
So I started to get really pissed. And I was all like, "Hi I am over here...Why are you ignoring me?!"

And then all of a sudden he starts blasting music from his computer.
And at that point I was seriously confused and getting aggravated and wondering why he is blasting music when we were trying to watch TV. So then he just sits back down on the couch like nothing happened. So we just sit there staring at the TV, since we can't hear it over the blasting music.

Then some sweet songs come on and he started to tell me why each of them make him think of me or what the significance of the song is in our relationship, and the sentimentalness of the song, etc.

So I am pretty impressed and just couldn't stop thinking about how sweet that was, because he never really shows much emotion about anything...Except maybe cars. Hehe

So then as the songs progressively got sweeter, he randomly got up and said "I'm going to go use the bathroom."
So I was just like, "Ummm okay, thanks for the announcement."

And so I am just sitting there on the couch alone, listening to romantic songs...When OUR SONG came on. And all I could think of was, "Oh great! I want to slow dance to our song, and he is using the bathroom!"
So I turned around to see if maybe he was coming out of the bathroom so I could grab him and dance before the song ended...And he was standing there with a dozen red roses!!

I was so shocked, I was just like, "I thought you were in the bathroom!"
He was like, "No, that is just what I told you." And I'm just sitting there staring at him, trying to figure out why he has roses. And he was like, "Aren't you going to come get your roses?"
So I was like, "Oh right!"
So I get up and take the roses from him...And that's when he revealed something he had hidden behind his back.
He was holding an Easter basket that I had given him two years ago.
And he handed the basket to me and I see that it had my pink boa in it as well as 'Shrek 3' on DVD. Since that was the movie we saw on our first date.
So I was like, "Wow that is so sweet that you remembered all of this sentimental stuff!"

And then he goes, "Is there something else in the basket?"
And I was like, "I don't know...Is there?"

So I dug around my boa and pull out a small box wrapped in white wrapping paper with white ribbon and a white bow.
So I was just standing there in shock, and holding the box.
Finally he goes, "Open it."
So I start freaking out and shaking like crazy as I unwrapped the box. All I could think was, "If this is a ring I am going to start crying...If It is not a ring, I am going to be pissed that he tricked me!"
So I unwrap the box and reveal a white box. So then he takes the white box from me and reveals a burgundy ring box.
And then he got down on his left knee and opened up the burgundy ring box...
With tears in his eyes, he looked up at me, revealed a ring with numerous huge diamonds, and asked, "Will you marry me?"

Between tears I answered "I'll think about it."

In which he replied, "Yeah I am sure this is a really tough decision for you."

And then I of course said "Yes" right away.

And we hugged for so long, while he was still holding the ring in the box...And he finally said, "Don't you want to put the ring on?"

And then he put the ring on my left ring finger...And that was that. We were engaged!


And the rest of the night I had to keep pinching my arm to see if I was dreaming or if it was real.

And I am very happy to report that it was indeed real. :)







After the proposal was over, I positioned everything in the exact location where we were standing. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love engagement stories. Thanks for sharing yours! Sounds romantic, thoughtful, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete