Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cake Topper

Since I have not decided on a wedding cake design, I do not know what kind of cake topper I will want yet.

If I go with flowers for the cake, then a topper might be unnecessary.
I do know one thing though, if I go with flowers, they will be made out of gumpaste or sugar.

I refuse to have anything inedible on my cake. That is how I make my cakes, so I know it is possible.
The only thing about using fresh flowers is that you can get them from the florist who is doing your bouquets, and they will match on your cake 100%.
But I would rather have everything be edible.

I think the plus side of using a cake topper (like the traditional bride and groom figures), over using flowers is that you can keep the figures forever...And they can make a great keepsake to keep out on display somewhere in your house.

For the last year or two I have been in Love with this cake topper from theknot.com*:






However, the more I look at the cake topper that Jen and Joe used, the more I fall in Love with it now.
They went with Cinderella and Prince Charming. As soon as Jon saw it, he turned to me and said, "Let me guess, you want that don't you?" And I was honestly like, "No, it's cute, but I don't want it."
Well, the more I think about it, the more I think I do like that idea a lot.
Especially since it might be the only element of my "Fairytale Princess Wedding" that I might be able to get.
Here is a picture** of the topper they used:











Photo Sources:


*TheKnot's Topper


**My Digital Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment