Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let's talk rings

Probably the biggest reason we are not officially engaged yet is because I can't decide on the ring I want! About three months ago Jon suggested we go ring shopping so that he will know what I want. Well, I think he knows me well enough that whatever he picks out will be perfect...But who am I to argue?! If he wanted to take me to look at diamonds, who am I to deny him of the pleasure? Hehe

So we went to a couple of jewelers and I tried on lots of rings.
I always knew I wanted a Platinum or White Gold band. And I finally concluded that I really like a Princess Cut stone. And I would like Princess Cut side stones. And it would be fantastic if there could be diamonds in the channel...Either half way or the whole way, I'm not picky.


So this Tacori is pretty much what I am looking for.
Jon knows that...But I think he is nervous because there is just something about looking at the fronts and backs of the rings that I became really picky about...And what the particular prong 'claw' looks like. Some are spiky and scary! And lately there is this trend of having a really high ring setting...Which I just absolutely hate on me!

I am also picky about making sure the engagement ring has a matching wedding band...Or at least a band that will look really great with the ring, and sit flush against it.
The jewelers measured my left ring finger to be 3.5! Which poses another problem when ring shopping...Because it means that a lot of rings that I like do not look good on me. Plus, the standard ring size is around a 6 or 7...So when trying on rings they are always too big on me. Which makes it harder to envision what the ring would look like on me in the correct size. There are a lot of rings that are very gorgeous, but do not look good on me. There are a lot of rings I see on my friends that look wonderful on them, and I am not lying when I say it, but for some reason they just are not for me.

Here I will show picture examples...And I hope no one gets insulted, in case your ring is listed in my 'hate pile'...It doesn't mean that I hate the ring...It just means I hate it on me.

K?

Cool. Then let's continue, shall we?

This ring by Verragio is what I would like to call the "WTF Ring".
I do like the twisty band. But I do not like the slopes on the side of the ring that lead to the top of the of the diamond. I also do not like the 'free falling' look of the diamond...Where you can see the whole side and bottom of the diamond, and it looks like it is barely hanging on by much. Furthermore, what is with the spiky thingy 'pointing' at the very tip of the diamond?!

You would think that you can never go wrong with a classic solitaire diamond ring, right?
Wrong. Well, you can focus all your time and money on finding the perfect diamond, because you wont have any other diamonds on the ring to worry about the cost of. Jon says that some solitaire diamond rings are just too plain for me...Or maybe that is what he thinks I think about them. Either way, the biggest thing I hate about them is how the diamond looks like it can just be *tink* flicked right off! See what I mean in this picture of a ring by A. Jaffe?
Despite all th
e pretty diamonds all around it...It still looks like you could snap the center diamond right off! It looks even more obvious when the center stone is the only diamond on the ring. (Again, looks great on some girls, but not for me.) Ritani seems to have enhanced the classic solitaire diamond look...Instead of a plain band with a pointy diamond on top, they seemed to have jazzed it up a bit...
Take a look:

I must admit that ring intrigues me...And if I saw it in person, I might try it on. I enjoy the diamonds going up the sides of the center stone, makes it look less weak in my opinion.



These next 5 rings intrigue me as well.


This first one is by ArtCarved:





I like how unique it is...And I would consider it, if the stones were princess instead of round.

These two are by Helzberg:






And this one is by A. Jaffe:







These two are by WhiteFlash (and I already contacted the dealer, yes they come in Princess Cut!):



Look at how that first ring creates 3 heart shaped diamond holders!
And look at how unique that second ring's band is!




I like this one by Diamond Ideals...But I fear that all that bling might be too much for my small hands. (Damnit!)























My absolute favorite ring that I am head over heels in love with is this Tacori:








So, to recap...
I prefer White Gold, 3 Princess Cut Diamonds, and some diamonds in the band...With a matching wedding band. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment