Monday, August 17, 2009

Photo Booths

The latest trend at weddings has been to have vintage photo booths at the reception.

I have been hearing about this growing trend for a while now.
And even though I have always loved photo booths growing up, I have never been too big on the idea of having one at my wedding.

I have heard of the idea where the guest's take copies of their photos home as souvenirs, as well as put copies of their pictures in the guest book.

I always assumed it would be messy and too much work, to have the guests pasting their photos in the guest book...Not to mention the long wait among the guests for the guest book.

However, I just came across a possible reason for wanting to bring a photo booth to my wedding reception.

While reading another bride-to-be's blog I discovered a website that makes custom guest books. And one of the options for the guest book is a spot for your guests to leave a photo of themselves (whether someone is their taking their pictures with a Polaroid, or they use a photo booth.)
Either way, what I like about their guest book option is that the pages are all separate, and then get bind together at the end.
So that each guest can take a guest book page back to their table to fill out...Thus eliminating a line at the 'guest book table'.

So just for fun I was searching online for a company that rents out photo booths in the area...And I came across this company. And what I really like about this company (granted I have no idea what the prices of this service is) is that in addition to printing a copy of the photos right then and there for your guests to take home as a favor...They ALSO can put all of the photos on to a CD...And they can ALSO put all of the photos online!
So I am thinking we can get the photos online after the reception, and add them all to the guest's pages on our own calm time.

In the FAQ section it says,
Q: What if I want more than one copy of the same photo? Can I get copies of ALL the photos from my event?

A: While we can't print duplicates at the event, you DO have the option of having all the photobooth photos from the event saved on a CD. This includes the high resolution files for all the individual poses as well as the six-pose printed files. With this disk, you can make reprints, enlargements or be as creative as you like on your own afterwards. Each priceless pose can even be enlarged up to an 11x17" print!

We can also post all of the photos from your event online. This is a secure gallery with the password given out at the event. Here you can comment on your favorite photos, order professional quality reprints or enlargements, and have any photo printed on some really great stuff! This a free feature in our photobooth package.


So I thought that sounded neat.
So we can see every picture that was taken by our guests (since we obviously wouldn't get to see them all during the reception.) As well as our guests might be interested in seeing fellow guests' pictures, and having additional copies of their own pictures.

And then I also noticed that this particular company also has an option to have one of their employees at your wedding, helping add the photos to a guest book right then and there.
So I assume you would have to go with their guest book, and not one that you bought or ordered somewhere else. But it is just another idea.

Again, I have no idea what the cost of all of this would be. I imagine it is pricey. But it is just something to think about.
And could maybe even take place of the need for wedding favors. Maybe you can do the photos as the favor in place of other favors, instead of in addition to other favors.

Again, these are all just random thoughts that I just wanted to document here, and refer back to later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment