Sunday, August 9, 2009

Something Old, Something New...

Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.


We all know the saying.
(Well, I only recently learned about that last 'sixpence' line.)


Anyway...Here's what I have so far:

Something Old: I wanted to use my tiara that my Mom bought me for my Sweet 16. However over the years it got tarnished...It wasn't stored properly when we moved from Long Island to UpState.
So this may not happen.


Something New: A lot of things will be new. My dress is a big one.


Something Borrowed: Don't know this one yet...But maybe jewelry or something.

Something Blue: I have come across numerous cute blue ideas. The easiest is probably to wear a blue garter. However, I think I want a hot pink garter...But I can have blue embroidery on it.
Also Victoria's Secret and a lot of wedding shops sell cute blue undies or white undies with blue writing or rhinestones, that you can wear under your wedding gown.
I have also heard of women having some blue embroidery sown into her dress. Whether it is noticeable or just on an inner layer...It can have the bride and groom's names and wedding date.
Then of course there is a cute thing I am really thinking of doing...You take some blue rhinestones and stick them on the bottom of your wedding shoes, and form the bride and groom's monogram or just initials or something. It can go up your heel, or the curve up the bottom of the shoe...Obviously not on the part of the shoe you would walk on, or you would probably slip. Haha Knowing me, I would totally slip and fall!

Lately these "Something Blue Tattoos" have been popping up all over the place...Temporary Tattoos in blue for the bride to wear on her wedding day...I am not really sure how I feel about that.

And the other blue thing I thought of is getting blue contact lenses to wear on my wedding day.
Yes, I do have naturally blue eyes...But making them bluer (but still natural looking) might come out better in pictures that day. I don't know...Just an option.


And a silver sixpence in her shoe: I have no idea about this one.
Are you supposed to stick a coin in your shoe? How would it stay in? How would that be comfortable?


No comments:

Post a Comment